Monday 12 November 2007

Re-Textured Bedroom

Below are the textures I re-done, I used the same brick wall and imported it back into photo shop, where I used the contrast and colour to texture the different colours within the wall and then by using another layer I got an image of the Internet and burned holes into the wallpaper and used the brown colours to make the wallpaper look old and warn against the brick walls. I did the same with the carpet, using two layers and flatten them together I had a wooden floor appearing though the carpet, which was also burned and warn away.




After finishing of my Princess bedroom I went back and re-done the texture again on my furniture and the room itself. I used the original textures and put them back into photo shop were I tried to make the objects much older, by using the blur, cut, burn and eraser tools I was able to re-design my room, I added more images both underneath and on top of my first textured images to give a design of rotting furniture. I found that using photo shop could make the texture anything you wanted to do, since I wasn't as good on photo shop I experimented and found out how to use both programs and now I enjoy texture and being able to do so much with have a plan flat texture and building upon it in photo shop and bumping the images in Maya8 and making the images come alive and feel more realistic. I also learned how to use the filter affect giving the image even more depth by arrange an image to be a painted, cutting, blurred, filtered and other designs in the filter gallery.