Monday 12 November 2007



I used the same mold on the dress just a different back ground texture, with this I wanted to find out what depth the bump tool should be on the princess dress, but I found that all three would have worked well, I like the one that is over bumped because it looked like a dress that has been rotted away for years. but because of the rendering scene I had to down size the bump.

I found that using photo shop become harder when I was dealing with fabric's, I tried to experiment with different ways to develop the fabric on both the cover and dress to look moldy and rotten. I used all types of designs in photo shop but in the end I had to have two layers one with the previous texture on it then with another layer colour and design on top of it:



Rendered scene in Maya8 of chosen texture:
using both layers I used green paint, textured design, cut and blur tools. I found that this didn't work on the rendered scene, because their was too much green and it didn't look realistic:
This one worked because it was very simple, I decided to keep to my old texture because it looked like fabric and then paint mold and copy an image from the Internet to make the mold look more real:
using the brightness and contrast levels to bring more depth to the bump tool:
using the filter tool I chose the blur effect to make the cover but I thought the colours might blend in together but it just looked over done:

No comments: